Last Friday my friend David and I participated in the "I-mazing Race!" Since we are both fans of "Amazing Race" we couldn't wait to try it! Sadly we didn't win but we would do it again! There were eight challenges including: a book search in the library, a follow-the-leader race around the indoor track, Latin dancing in the MC, an egg hunt in the gardens, and eating popcorn at classic movie night! There were a total of nine stops on campus.
 |
| This was the first clue! They looked really cool! |
 |
| I couldn't wait to open it! |
 |
| The first challenge: Bowl a strike or a spare. |
 |
| The third challenge: Find your puzzle, solve it, and tape it together. |
 |
| The forth challenge: Pose with Thor. |
 |
| Look at the pile of clues we had at the end! The poster also made it to the end. |
 |
| Laura from my home town also participated. She and her partner were competition. |
Saturday morning the Geology Society had planned a sledding trip at the sand dunes! But there was no snow to sled on! I love Springtime! So instead we went to Austin's farm (as originally planned) where his mother had baked us delicious potatoes, mouth watering beef stroganoff, and yummy chocolate chip cookies.
 |
| The Geology Society at the Blaser's Farms. |
Later that same day I had a voice recital. I sang "Lied Der Mignon" by Franz Schubert. I was really nervous right before but as soon as I got on the stage I felt great! It was really cool to hear my voice echo in the Recital Hall. I'm also glad a few of my friends made it even though they all have busy schedules! And thank you Camilla for accompanying me!
 |
| Camilla and me with that beautiful Steinway piano. |
Still later that same day my roommates and I had a ice cream craving. We headed out to Pizza Pie Cafe, formerly known as Cragio's, and ordered their Cookie Monster. It stood no chance with the four of us attacking it with our spoons!
 |
| Jackie and SaraKay ready to start. |
 |
| Alyson and me with happy stomachs. |
I want to go to your voice recital! I'm glad it went well :-). Also, I am jealous of your black fish pond. It looks like they swim through the vacuum of space.
ReplyDelete