Thursday, November 10, 2011

Field Trip 5 - Hello Teton Canyon and Pine Creek Pass!

Even though this field trip happened on June 7th we were all thinking about Christmas!

Our first stop was Beaver Dick Park to check out the flooding at Henry's Fork.  It was a very wet Spring.

The sign reads, "CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING."

Hmmmm....


This is where the sidewalk ends.

The change in brick color is was the height of the Teton Dam Flood waters as it came through Sugar City.

Teton Dam

This rock has been hit a lot.

Backside of the Teton Dam

Can you spot the fault? I can!

Foreground = Flooding River, Background = Teton Mountains

I think we are headed into Narnia.

Yep, definitely going into Narnia. 

MOOSE!

Another beautiful Summer day in June! 

The gang!

Bro. Ben thought I was going to fall in. (I admit I have a history of falling.)

Waterfall

Yay! Snow Angel!
I like this picture.

Beautiful falling snow! Yes, we blamed Katrina's Christmas socks!


I was scolded for posing next to this glacial moraine because I was supposed to be the scale.

We got 'slicken-slide' at this stop! Oh it's cool!
Here is my 'Slicken-slide.' (Thinking about it, that is close to the name but that is not the name of what this is.)

Another pretty waterfall!

Bro. Ben was the only one excited for this hyloclasic. He was nice enough to collect a sample for all of us and bring it back to the van.

A pretty view of the Snake River and some geology I can't remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment